weird heater behavior - 2002 rsx

I've got a new problem with the heater - it works ok most of the time, but when I'm stopped at a light, the air blowing out of the vents turns cold. When I pick up speed again it heats back up. Odd - it didn't used
to do this. Any ideas?
--
-----------------------------
I only talk like that in the movies

You've got low coolant level in the rad, most likely.
Next time the car cools off, check the level in the rad AND in the reservoir.
If the coolant is right up to the top of the rad filler neck (cap is wet), then your thermostat is getting old and needs to be replaced.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Thanks for the advice - indeed my coolant was low. I've yet to correct it and see if that's the only problem, but hope it is.
--
-----------------------------
I only talk like that in the movies

Fix it quick. Low coolant is bad for your head gasket and for the block.
Use only Honda genuine premix from the dealer.
And keep an eye on it from now on, like once a month.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Will do, thanks!