1996 A6 Fuel Filter

I have 50K on my A6 and think it probably time to change the fuel filter. It appears to be right on top under the hood, left side. Is this the only one?
Is there one in the rear near the gas tank? Any advice on changing? I hope it is as simple as swapping canisters and cleaning up a little spilled gas. Any advice appreciated
only one changable filter, where you describe. there is another small one located inside the fuel tank but shouldnt require attention or replacement........