1998 A4 brakes

Hi, I am replacing my brake pads. How do I compress the brake caliper Piston. I tried my huge channel lock but I am getting nowwhere.

clamp off the flex hose leading to the caliper and connect bleed hose to nipple. Open nipple, place end bleed hose into jam jar and use either G clamp or wood levers to push piston back. Top up fluid reservoir with new fluid when finished
Eric

Hi, Check out this link -
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel25.shtml
I use a C-clamp and a the old pad to compress the piston. Be sure to take the cap off the master cylinder - you may need to suck some fluid out so that it doesnt over flow.
-Adam

If you're talking about the rear brakes, you'll need to turn and compress them. It's much easier with the proper tool but can be done without it if you are patient and at least have something to help you turn the piston. The fronts just need to be compressed so a big c-clamp should do the trick.
- Charlie