2005 A4 reliability

I'm considering an A4 Avant (2.0 or 3.2) to replace my 94 Volvo 850 turbo wagon.
My Volvo has gone about 230,000 miles and has had only one major
service, which involved pulling the engine to replace the rear crankshaft oil seal. The only othr semi-expensive items to go were the front axle CV joint boots, one set, I replaced, and the other, the dealer, while they had the engine out.
Can I expect a new Audi to go this far, with hard driving, without much more than regular services for the first 150,000 miles?

Yes but I would avoid the 2.0 as it's not enough for the weight of car. You don't say which country you're in but perhaps the 3.0 diesel might be a good option if its available

Have you actually driven the new 2.0 FSI in the B7 A4?

Why would anyone buy a 2.0FSI when the 2.0 TFSI is out, I would go for the 1.8T B7 or 2.0T or 3.0

Sorry, that's what I meant - the turbo 2.0 FSI engine. It's *way* different responding from the 1.8T - think "Power NOW" not "Power Soon"...

Haven't driven the 2.0T FSI but I hear it's a stormer. The NA 2.0 FSI is a waste of time. It may produce 150bhp but it has to be revved like hell to make decent progress which defeats the point of having the fuel efficient FSI!
"Doug Warner" wrote

Well, it's a new car. How are we to know whether it's going to be reliable or not. Older A4s had their share of issues, some minor, some not (suspension for example). IMO, it's too early to tell whether the B7 platform addresses all these issues. It may fix some while it may introduce others.
If you want a piece of mind, you should consider an extended warranty.
If the history is any indication though, an Audi will not be as reliable as a Honda or Toyota, ON AVERAGE. I say on average, because my A4 (B5) was more reliable than my Honda (Accord).
Dilligent regular maintenance is key to ensure good reliability.
Good luck.
Pete