99 A4 Sunroof...

99 A4 Avant 1.8T
Sunroof is closed but stuck between moonroof pop-up and fully flush. It will twitch when the switch is used but it wont close or open at all.
What am I up against here? Are there some known issues with sunroofs that I can refer to?
Dealer and $$$$ ?
Indy and $$ ?
Me and a wrench?

Audi sunroofs have always had problems. Before spending a lot of money at the dealer check out this guy's possible fix: http://www.kris-hansen.com/audi/srswitch.htm Also, try www.audiworld.com and do a search for keywords sunroof and switch. Good luck. BTW, my 1998 A4 is beginning to show symptoms of the "possessed" sunroof which opens and closes without owner input. It's on my to-do list.
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:05:26 GMT, "Patrick Owen"

You and a screwdriver? It's probably just the switch, which does have a checkered history...