A4 1.9 TDi 110hp lack of HP

Hi,

I have a 1998 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi (110 HP). The other day when I started it I noticed the engine rev as if I had blipped the throttle. When I pulled out on the road, the car was well down on power. I spoke to a mechanic who said it was probably the airflow sensor, I have replaced this but the problem persists. I wondered if the ECU needed reseting or something ?? Please help.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Mansbridge

disconnecting the battery will reset the ECU.

what about injectors...........cleaning.

dj

Reply to
Time Teamer

Check your brakelights (no, I'm not joking), and if that's no good look at

Chris Bartram

"Chris Bartram1" wrote: > Andrew Mansbridge wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I have a 1998 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi (110 HP). The other day when I > started it I > > noticed the engine rev as if I had blipped the throttle. > When I pulled out > > on the road, the car was well down on power. I spoke to a > mechanic who said > > it was probably the airflow sensor, I have replaced this but > the problem > > persists. I wondered if the ECU needed reseting or > something ?? Please > > help. > > > > Andy > > > > > Check your brakelights (no, I'm not joking), and if that's no > good look > at

Hi!

I had the same problem myself and tried to change the catalyzer first with no good result. Then I changed the airflow sensor and the problem was solved.

Reply to
Snatch