A4 1.9 TDi 110hp lack of HP

Hi,
I have a 1998 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi (110 HP). The other day when I started it I noticed the engine rev as if I had blipped the throttle. When I pulled out
on the road, the car was well down on power. I spoke to a mechanic who said it was probably the airflow sensor, I have replaced this but the problem persists. I wondered if the ECU needed reseting or something ?? Please help.
Andy
disconnecting the battery will reset the ECU.
what about injectors...........cleaning.
dj

Andrew Mansbridge wrote:

at http://www.tdiclub.com .
"Chris Bartram1" wrote: > Andrew Mansbridge wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I have a 1998 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi (110 HP). The other day when I > started it I > > noticed the engine rev as if I had blipped the throttle. > When I pulled out > > on the road, the car was well down on power. I spoke to a > mechanic who said > > it was probably the airflow sensor, I have replaced this but > the problem > > persists. I wondered if the ECU needed reseting or > something ?? Please > > help. > > > > Andy > > > > > Check your brakelights (no, I'm not joking), and if that's no > good look > at http://www.tdiclub.com .
Hi!
I had the same problem myself and tried to change the catalyzer first with no good result. Then I changed the airflow sensor and the problem was solved.