a4 1.9 tdi heater fans

i have a a4 1.9 tdi and the fans inside the car work when they feel like it it has climate control. in the morning fans are ok but they stop when you next drive the car any one any ideas please

is the fans easy to get too please regards mike

Reply to
michael rouse

Do the fans come on if you turn off Auto and increase the fan speed?

If so, I've noticed the same thing, though only once IIRC. I assumed it's to do with it monitoring the interior/exterior temperature and therefore not blowing out colded air i.e. if climate is set to 20C (Auto) and outside it's 10C but inside the cabin it's 15C then don't fire colder air into the cabin.

Also, did you notice if the fans come on when the engine (coolant) eventually warms up?

Reply to
Monkeys

the fans work great hot or cold on the way to work with or with ac, on auto or screen or demist.

but if i come to the car ten mins later the fans wont work althought the digital display says they are working.

i think the fan motor seizes up when it s hot and when its cold it will work again.

i dearnt look at the fan motor because there is an air bag above the glove box and im not sure what to do, any ideas pls mike

Reply to
michael rouse