A4 Sedrvice manual update

I have been advised that the service manual for the A4 with the 1.8T engine had a major error... in that it failed to stipulate syntheic oil... and that Audi had extended the warranty on this vehicle to 70K
miles... I know that this took place, but I have never received any notification...
Can ayone out there "enlighten" me.... I'm now sitting with an A4 with a blown engine and a $13,500 bill!!!
"Sogno" wrote

Why don't you call up Audi of America customer service? They should be able to provide you with this information. Keep in mind, they have stipulated rather strict rules under which they'd cover engine repair/replacement under this extended warranty, ie. you'd have to show proof of all your oil changes, etc.
Cheers,
Pete
"Sogno"

You'll find a copy of this notification here: http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic ;f=6;t2547
Pete
Oh man, sorry to hear that, Sogno.... What happened??
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Synthetic oil might be the answer but others on this forum have pointed out that under-warranty oil change intervals for the 1.8T engine have been simply unrealistic. I bought my 2001 A4 as Audi certified w. 36k miles showing and oil condition checked as OK on dealer spec sheet. At 40k, had an oil sludge blockage at high speed 400 miles from home, but got it to a foreign car guy in Ohio before major engine damage. Audi paid for his $720 repair bill plus installed a new turbocharger, all ostensibly under that Aug. 04 extended warranty announcement