2004 A4 missing from Owner's manual

I have a 2004 A4 Quattro 3.0 (premium and cold weather) that I just purchased today. There were a few things I couldn't find in the owners manual.

Anyone help?

  1. There is a knob to the right of the headlight knob with two settings "I" and "O". Anyone know what this is?

  1. I read on Edmunds that all 2004 A4s come with tire pressure monitoring. I didn't see anything about this? Is this really there?

-- Jeff snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com Note: Remove the "nospam" to send me email

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, The switch is for arming the ejection seat.... Start the car, put the headlights on, walk around it. Throw the switch, walk around again. Notice anything different? Foglights? Rear Foglights? Seat firing through roof? The dealer will know. For the tire pressure monitor, try taking one tire down about 10-15 psi and driving around the block. Did a warning light come on? The dealer will know that too - give 'em a call - make them earn that money you gave them. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

I and O mean on and off respectively in electrical Euro language.....so I can only conclude it is doing something like switch on and off.

as for the tire pressure monitoring.......its been blown out of proportion.

clanger

Reply to
Clanger

we've had people "disappeared" for better puns than that one...

Reply to
daytripper

Called my dealer. The service dept and the sales dept didn't know what that small switch/knob is for. They said "something to do with the auto headlights. I've tried both positions and it seems to work the same.

I called Audi national customer service. They didn't know either. They said to ask my dealer.

Funny when the manufacturer doesn't know....

-- Jeff snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com Note: Remove the "nospam" to send me email

Reply to
Jeff

Maybe the car is countefeit. Happens.

Reply to
Richard Potato

Clanger should be deflated by that dart daytripper.

Reply to
Richard Potato

Ok.. I figured #1 out. The dealer made up some story about it changing the delay that it takes for the lights to come on when it is dark outside. It isn't do this. If the knob is in the "I" position, then the outside lights front and rear, stay on for a minute or two after you get out of the car. If it is "O" then they turn off right away.

Dealer says #2 is only on the S4.