On Line Service Manual Downloads?

I am thinking about paying the $20.00 for the 3 day access to the online Subaru Service Manual Downloads, and was wondering if anyone had already done so.

How big are the downloaded pdf files? How many megs total? Are 3 days enough time to download?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
TM

Hi Viktor:

Yes, this is the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks for your help

TM

Viktor wrote:

Reply to
TM

what is the link to the online manuals? thanks

Reply to
people

Do these manuals apply equally to Australian Forester's do you reckon ?

Reply to
PeterV

Hey, Honestly I don't know...My guess is no because the site is established by Subaru of America...But if Australian Forester model is similar to American

2.5l version then it might work....You can also try punching in your VIN code on the website to see if any literature comes up... Regards, Viktor.
Reply to
Viktor

I finally paid for the 3 day access to the service, and downloaded the

130 MBytes of the service manual and the additional 86MB of techical books, TSB, etc. etc available for the 2003 Legacy and Outback.

My .02:

Downloading is a pain. The files will not download correctly (I am using Netscape 7.01) unless you open the files first and then save them to the disk. If you download and save them directly to disk, without opening, then, when trying to open some of them, you will get an error message saying that the file may be corrupted, probably because it was an attachement to something else.

If you download the files with the original file name, you will never find any info when you need it. I sorted the files by using folders and subfolders by topic, and within the topic, I used sequential numbers and file names related to the subject.

Right from the moment you pay (for the 3 day access in my case) the site will report only 2 days left. On the final day, the site shows you the link to the access renewal page, even though you can still access the files.

I tried contacting Crestec Digital, the provider of the download service, at the phone nr. included in their confirmation email and never got an answer. On the other hand, an email sent to them was promptly responded.

By the way, if some> Hi Viktor:

Reply to
TM

Hey TM, Glad it worked out for you...Personally, I had no downloading problem you described with Internet Explorer 6, and to organize all of the files I used web template creating bunch of folders with subfolders, and naming the files as they are named on the website for ease of use... Viktor

Reply to
Viktor