Allroad Perfomance

Hi All
Just got an Allroad today.
Having driven diesels fro 20+ years, I am surprised by the lack of grunt at less than 2200 rpm. After that it flys.
Is this normal for the 2.5 tdi? It is a bit like a petrol at these low revs. Should I drive it like a petrol and forget the concept of low end torque?
Or have I got a problem?
Also I never seem to be in the right gear. Will I need to re-learn a 6 speed box?. So far I have only done 200 miles.
Any tips from existing owners to help the transitions.
Biggles

Take a look on www.audi-sport.net. The low rev performance of the V6 TDi is known to be poor but it shouldn't last until 2200rpm. You should probably get the car checked for error codes and then take it from there.
A remap will improve performance but don't do that until the car is working properly in standard form.
Cheers Dave.
I am going to join the Audi Sports Forum. I see there is a lively discussion there about Biodiesel, of which I know quite a lot about, navin made it for the last year, and run MY 406 2.1TD on it.
Biggles Dave wrote:

Is this a new car with a V6 or a straight 5?
Huw
Hi
It is the V6
Biggles
Huw wrote:

I reckon that you are driving with a gentle right foot and the box is holding on to high gears to make use of that torque. Either push the pedal a bit further to initiate a downchange or use tiptronic or paddle-shift. I like using the Sport mode or the paddle shift myself. Also when the car is driven more aggressively or the pedal is pressed more aggressively, the gearbox will learn that you want a more sporty change for a while. Don't mollycoddle that new engine. Give it some work to do so it beds in properly to minimise oil consumption both in the short and long term.
Huw
Hi Huw
I would certainly follow that suggestion if I had the auto.. I have the 6 speed manual. I am using the right foot a bit more to get the turbo spinning. Still need to clean the Maf sensor as has been suggested else where.