AUDI A4 2.8 Overheating

Can someone tell me how to replace the thermostat on my Audi A4 1996 2.8?
Thanks

Audi4Fan wrote:

Honestly i dont think you should replace it on your own if you havent work on an Audi before. I believe you have to remove the timing belt, but you need a special tool to re-install the timing belt, or you risk mis-timing the engine, and damage your engine. email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, if you need any help or info.
I just replaced my thermostat, I didn;t have to take off the timing belt. I was able to work around it. Pain in the ass though you have to take almost everything off like you are replacing the timing belt. Only have to tkae off the passenger side cover for the timing belt then you can get at the two thermostat bolts. slide the belt over a little and pull the cover off..
if you need any help or info.