Audi Coup? 1991 2.3 Quattro - Not starting

Hi, Does someone know where i can find the engine-starter fuse. When turning the key, the starter does not give a kick, putting 12+ on the relay directly from the battery, the starter just working fine.
It can only be a fuse, or that damn Bosch alarm. Normally the Bosh alarm is disconnected, so...
Thx Benoit
Tony, thanks for the tip Is not an Auto, and so far i can check it, its not the ignition switch. Thats the first think i thought, because i had this problem with my previous Coupe, a 1985 model. When i switch with the key to the ignition position, i can hear a little 'tick' around my dashboard, so i am pretty sure it's acts correctly. It's strange, the owners manual nowhere refers to any fuse.
Grtz Benoit

Benoit, Is the "tick" from your dash, or from the starter solenoid under the hood? Like Tony says, check the wires at the starter to see if they are getting power. There's a braided cable that runs from the solenoid to the starter - often it gets corroded and causes the starter to pack up. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Hi Steve,
The tick is from the dash The solenoid and starter are fine, because i already started the car taking power directly from battery.. There is something wrong between the solenoid to ignition switch. My local dealer told me by phone he is pretty sure it is my ignition switch, because there is no fuse between both.. i have to messure step by step and check my wires
Thx for the help
Benoit

If externally applied 12V energises the starter and no 12V comes from the wire - there is either abroken wire or more likely ignition switch. You can try to identify the wire at the ignition switch end and check what comes out of the switch. Whatever the case you can drive for months with a wire inserted in the starter actuation pin and routed somewhere within reach. You stick it in the lighter socket and you can drive. No need to isolate the end much - the wire is under power only when stuck to 12V. Good luck Plamen, Toronto

Found the problem... It's the ignition switch, just have to replace it
Grtz Benoit

Hi Tony,
The solonoid is working. Whith a friend we did the test with the voltmeter, but no power coming from wire. Getting power directly from battery with a external wire, solonoid activates the starter, and car is running
Thx Benoit

It is the first thing i will check tommorow I will post the answer if i can locate the problem Thanks anyway
Grtz Benoit