'99 Audi A6 Quattro

I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I go over bumps...any ideas?

Reply to
tracycoach

Check your control arms and tie rod ends.

Reply to
KLS

Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more noise when the bushings get worn.

-- Jay. (remove dashes for legal email address)

Reply to
Jay Somerset

I believe it was recalled for that problem.

Reply to
John Clark

Does the facelift (02') version A6 suffer from this problem as well? And when they replace these arms on an A4 or A6, is it fixed for good or will it get back when the new arms got worn? I mean where they able to improve these parts quality and durability or are they replaced with parts of equal (bad) quality?

Jone

Reply to
Jone Tytlandsvik

I had a track rod end replaced 2 years ago. It had worn out within a year and only 4000 miles. The next one is still OK.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark