Audi part numbers sources?

Hi everyone,
It's becoming more and more difficult to get part numbers from the local audi dealers (and they often don't really know what they are doing either). Are there any sources for part numbers, either on the
web or programs with the microfiche information (like the ones the dealers use)?
Are the part numbers the same in the USA and in Europe?
Thanks a lot,
Christoph

What you need is a copy of ETKA ... often to be found advertised on ebay.
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk

Thanks. Do you know whether shops sell these as well, or is it only available through ebay?
Thanks,
Christoph

documentation to their dealers, hence availablecopies of ETKA have been "liberated" at some point in their lives and copied and are thus available only through "unofficial" sources.

copy of the ETKA EPC. They called me back today to say it's only available to dealers, and that it requires an online connection to Audi (false)
Currently, all the software I have has been legally obtained. If I can find the current USA ETKA, with the connector housing/pin information, I'll probably have to make an exception to my long-standing software acquisition rule. Thanks a lot Audi, for pushing me toward the dark side.. -- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
Doug Warner wrote:

Yes, ETKA/ETOS were designed to work only if you had a Hardware lock on your computer (a device that goes on the parralel port of the PC), but people have figured out work arounds to this security, thus the reason you can find copies on the internet. Personally I'd never buy unofficial software off of eBay because they are making money off of something they didn't create. ETKA is readily available online. Just do a search for it and learn how to use Torrents.