Part numbers?

OK, I know this is a stretch considering the attendance of the 'new' newsgroup, but here goes...I'll bet there are still a few of the old guys out there who might chime in... I have a late set of 3.73 gears to go into my 62 44 but I know that a different yoke and seal are needed..anyone have the part numbers and best place to get them? Nate? I thought I saw you post that stuff years ago.... BTW, of interest to you (Nate) as a Porsche guy... much of the late Gary Kempton's stuff is being auctioned next month.. email me if you want details as I will be attending and it is dang near in my back yard... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I'd call a local 4wd off road truck shop... They do Dana 44's all the time and have stuff in stock. Jeff

Reply to
Deepnhock

Already did that Jeffy.. Deer in the headlights..most of these guys are now using (and have been) diffs from surplus Army big trucks and front end loaders to do the big mud thang... Strange how few even remember 44's Too old...like us... The one guy I trust locally doesn't remember the part #'s for the stuff needed to use the later gears in the earlier unit although he has done a couple in the past. Studebaker George PS..if I won I want my prize!!!! Uh...what contest was that?.... Do I win my own contribution? Do I have to send money to Nigeria? Slobbovia?

Reply to
Studebaker George

Leave the money under the third palm tree on the left side of foist street in Austin... Thank You!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire