Audi Quattro Roadster by Treser - right-hand drive

Autoblog http://tinyurl.com/22k28a
..a German garage by the name of Treser chopped the roof off the rally- bred Audi Quattro coupe and fitted a fully automatic retractable hard-
top. Only 39 were made, of which only one was reportedly made in right- hand drive (apparently for a British customer), and that vehicle is on sale now on eBay http://snipurl.com/Audi_Quattro
In addition to the trick roof, which disappears in 20 seconds below a hard boot-lid at the touch of a button on the b-pillar, Treser also tinkered with the engine, coaxing 250 horsepower out of the turbocharged inline-five...
George Orwell wrote:

I'm sorry; that's hideous. It looks like an Audi pickup.
Si

Yup; the proportions are all wrong. Like most aftermarket convertibles.
--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman (News) ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'd go as far as to say "like most retractable hardtops"
They *have* to be wrong, if the roof's going to fit the boot - unless you add more hinges (and therefore shutlines/possible leaks). The Merc SL's about the only one that works - and the roof on that's origami round the rear window...
gurgled happily, sounding much

SLK roof is the same. The most common fault with it is the belts that control the bits of the parcel shelf coming off. The Mazda MX5 hard top has gone for squarer lines so less parts have to move which also makes it a bit faster to fold. I dread my roof jamming as I can't see any manual winding mechanism. It probably won't ever jam but I do wonder about it.