Audi R8 Cappello/McNish P1 at Houston Grand Prix

I thought you all should be the first to know, #2 Audi R8 wins the American LeMans Series at the Grand Prix of Houston tonight!
Just got back from the race here in Houston, and enjoyed it tremendously.
The car qualified P4, but quickly passed the Dyson Lola, and both Porsche RS Spyders, to win at the end of the 2 1/2 hour race at the Houston Reliant Center road course.
Too bad the R10's couldn't be here, but according to the Audi Sport NA folks, the logistics did not work in time to get them back to France for Le 24 Heures Du Mans in early June.
I'm just elated that I got to see the championship-winning #2 R8, and I have never been more proud to be driving an Audi!
--
Stephen Clark
Stephen, .....must....fight...feelings.....of....envy...... It must have been awesome to see the R8 in the flesh. Of course, you weren't speeding or clipping the curbs of turns on your way home, right? ;-) Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Err...well....honestly, yes, I did drive a little enthusiastically on the way home...;-}
--
Stephen Clark
I have my pictures of this event hosted at Kodak's Ofoto site for anyone who is interested.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=ubu5i8d.287n9ytd&Uy=gfegjn&Ux=0There

Yeah, the guy in the pace cars was me...an IMSA official challenged me about taking pictures in the paddock. I was about to argue with him, and then I realized he was ribbing me. He grinned and said, "The only pictures allowed here are pictures of you in the pace car!", then he posed me in the car, and took the shots.
You don't need a Dremel when you can change the whole rear end of the car in less than five minutes!
Looks like Carlisle is much more of a laid-back event. What was that car in the pictures that resembled a Silver Arrow? Thanks for the link.....I almost bought an Audi Coupe in '85; got a graphite black 5000S instead.
Stephen Clark

Stephen, See my posting about the weekend - the Type C/D replica was made by Phil Friday of Virginia and is made on a 1963 DKW chassis and engine - with some modifications. A seat in the pace car, huh? That's cool! Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)