AUDI S4-Car for my daughter

Page 1 of 2
Hi, my daughter is a senior this year in high school, she is 16, going onto 17 in September. I want to get her a nice car for her birthday. I've been looking at cars on the net and by far I am most satisfied by the Audi S4. If
anyone is looking to put an Audi S4 ('99-2003) up for sale, please let me know. Thank you.
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Somphone Xaynhasone wrote:

Bloody Americans, spoiling their kids.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Telephone: A clever device by which two people in different places can

onto
If
Unless she has Schumacher like driving skills, an S4 is too powerful a car for a 17 year old.
Or is it really for you? -- <The Duke>

been
S4.
me
We all assume he loves his daughter.......
Ron
--
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.
I do love my daughter, very much, and she's going off to college. I just want to reward her, she's gotten 2 Who's Who Awards, She's on the National Honor Roll, National Society for High School Scholars, and among being a varsity cheerleader since she was a freshman and a member of many clubs, she holds a part-time job at Circuit City, and she's been on the A Honor Roll every year since she started in middle school. The least I can do for her is get her a nice car, I think she deserves it. And I'm not trying to spoil her, she deserves a break, I don't want her to worry about buying her own car.

car
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:56:46 GMT, "Somphone Xaynhasone"

Funny, I don't see anything in the above that refers to our little cherub's driving skills. You may be buying her a coffin, yes?
daytripper wrote:

---8<---
Damned right.
To the OP: The S4 will get her into more trouble than she can handle. Great car but a trap for the inexperienced driver. And she'll have guys wanting to get behind the wheel of said savage beast and show her what their high-speed driving skills are like, after one too many beers. You want her there?
Get her an A4 1,8 TQ or similar and use the money saved to send her to a reputable high-performance driving school so she can learn good car control. If she's excelling at everything else in life as you say, then she might even pull off a good result on the track ;-)
[again, assuming that the OP is not trolling]
/Robert
Okay, I see where this is going now, and it's my fault that this hasn't been clear. My daughter has been into cars and racing for a long time. She's been driving since she was 12 years old, we're the type of family where we teach our kids everything early, which is probably the reason why she's so close to being one of those classic overachievers--Sorry.She's been racing on local tracks for a year and she's overcome quite a few challenges--like I said--she has a lot of extracurricular activities. Although this is true, she doesn't want to race anymore, nor does she want a vehicle that looks like a race car, she just wants an automobile that operates so aggressively. She's not expecting to take a car out and 'street race', she's a lot smarter than that. We both like the features of the S4, and she likes the way it looks. I didn't mean to wake some sort of "sleeping giant," all I asked was for you guys to let me know if anyone was putting an S4 up for sale. I apologize for bragging about my daughter so much but...what's not to brag about? I'm damned proud of her and if you were her father you would be too.
wrote:

National
she
is
cherub's
It would be a really stupid thing to give an (used) S4 to a 17 yrs-old girl. You just don't sound right. Get your fantasms elsewhere.
wrote:

just
clubs,
Roll
her
spoil
own
What would you do, give a 17 year-old a brand new S4? THAT doesn't make sense to me.
wrote:

being
Seeing the controversy your post has generated, you could let Melinda talk by herself as well... *wink*

been
been
teach
aggressively.
smarter
was
too.

In that case, buy her a couple of Audi Car Club (or similar) 'safety seminars' (also known as driver schools in a lot of marque clubs such as BMW CCA) to go with it. That way, she'll at least come to some appreciation of the S4's performance capabilities (I'd bet *you* can't drive one well, either.) and hopefully not kill herself within a year in it. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; taught that)
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:20:10 GMT, daytripper

Yer and idiot. Trolled, rolled and netted.

National
she
is
What are parents for? I've given her shelter, education, food, everything a parent should give, I bought her all of her clothes up until she was 14 years of age. She's had a job since she was 14, I've never had to push her to get one. She started out working at McDonald's, she is currently working at Circuit City and she was recently hired at Toys R Us as an associate. I understand what you're trying to do, and I'm sure I'd probably say some of the same things. But my daughter is going off to college in California next year and I don't want her to have to work to death because my family and my wife's have always had to work a lot more than we should have just to have a steady home. Our life isn't as magical as some of you might have guessed. My daughter might have a lot of money in the bank but she bought her first car herself, so I thought I should get her a car as a graduation gift. I have seen a lot of parents go farther than an S4, so I didn't think this was "extreme." And as some of you have expressed curiosity, I bought my daughter a 2002 Audi A4, it works.

Seconded!
You don't appreciate any car like the first one you buy with your own money.
That said, I've now BTDT, and the company can pay from here on in :))
--
Toby

You guys are a bunch of hating losers. Just cause your life sucked doesn't mean this girl's has to. An old S4 isn't that nice, actually it's cheaper than a B6 A4. (2003+) Also, if you were talking about the B6 S4, well then that's a lot of money, but far be it from me to judge. People have different means, and can do with it what they want. Finally, I think it's retarted that you're posting online asking for permission to buy your daughter this car. Just buy the damn thing, do you really care what the morons in this group say?
writes

Care to explain why you quoted my post, f*ckwit?
My comments had nothing whatsoever to do with the argument over whether the guy should be buying his daughter an S4 or not, yet you chose to reply to and quote my post when spouting your opinions. Don't drag me into your childish arguments.
--
Toby

[snip]

I think you just bit on that; hook, line and sinker. -- Jonesy

I don't think he was baiting me, just completely stupid and didn't even realise which post he was replying to.
Can't say I really give a toss about morons like that.
--
Toby

At least I'm one of those 'loser morons' who realized this thread was at its logical end *three months ago*! Ever check the date of the post to which you're replying, idiot? -- C.R. Krieger Been there; done that.