PING - Tim aka Musttanguy!

Hey Tim, I need something, not Mustang.

And I need a reeeeaaaaallllyyyyyy good deal. It's for my eldest daughter. She be Po'Folk

She has a 1999 Chevy Cavalier (oh Lord WHERE did I go wrong with these kids!!??) and she needs both airbags and the covers for it.

her interior color is a greay, I can get the actual color if you are able to do this.

She is looking at a set on Ebay, the only problem is the seller is suspect.

Is there anything you can do for me/her? She is in Modesto, well.. Turlock actually.

Thanks!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

(oh Lord >WHERE did I go wrong with these kids!!??)

They say the fruit don't fall far from the tree :-)

I will check on this tomorrow for ya Do you still have my phone number ? Give me a call around noon to 1PM California time :-)~ and I can let ya know what I can do on a set.

Please feel free to E-mail me personally ANYTIME !!!!! whether by E-mail OR phone. This goes for anyone that needs to contact me.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Ain't we all?

You toil, you labor, you try your best to raise them right, but they have to learn from their own mistakes. Don't worry, she'll learn the error of her ways.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

"Ralph Snart" wrote

| You toil, you labor, you try your best to raise them right, but they have to | learn from their own mistakes. Don't worry, she'll learn the error of her | ways.

In this case, she is learning to watch where she is going in a parking lot in the dark. Those damn light poles can be sneeky.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Didn't you teach her that even Chevies have headlights?

You're a badddd momma.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

OMG that will cost more than the car is worth!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Not to mentiont that in the dark, light poles are, umm, LIT UP!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yea yea yea....

I would love to make all the excuses in the world for her, but this was ... well... just a dumbassed thing.

Kate

| >>Kate | >

| > Didn't you teach her that even Chevies have headlights? | >

| > You're a badddd momma. | >

| | Not to mentiont that in the dark, light poles are, umm, LIT UP! |

Reply to
SVTKate

at 03 Aug 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:R3LPc.23995$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Is this the same daughter that wrecked your 95 GT? You mean she has seen they light and is now trying to reduce the Chevy population instead? :-)

Couldn't resist hon, glad she's OK though. Must have been quite a thump to set the airbaghs off though. Is she OK?

Reply to
Paul

I feel your pain. Our son was leaving the school parking lot after his graduation party a year ago last spring and totalled our T-Bird. He didn't use the travel isles and failed to see the concrete base of a FUNCTIONING PARKING LOT LIGHT! He hit it so hard that the two air bags deployed and put a half moon shape dent into the hood. The cost of replacing the air bags and dash (was destroyed when the bags deployed) is what totalled out the car. Keep in mind that the previous Satuday he totalled our Nissan 240SX convertible. I really liked that car. This still keeps him on my shit list. He doesn't even think about asking to drive the Mustang.

Needless to say, he bought his own car and is not allowed to drive ANY of our vehicles.

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I was thinking the same thing. "Deployed air bags" = "totalled car" for anything worth less than $4,000.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Nope, it's the eldest child Tori.

| > I would love to make all the excuses in the world for her, but this | > was ... well... just a dumbassed thing. | | Is this the same daughter that wrecked your 95 GT? You mean she has | seen they light and is now trying to reduce the Chevy population | instead? :-) | | Couldn't resist hon, glad she's OK though. Must have been quite a thump | to set the airbaghs off though. Is she OK? |

Her sweety got cracked in the eyebrow with the rear view mirror when the airbag knocket if off the windshield. They wouldn't have gotten hurt at all if not for the air bags. the bags even broke the windshield.

Everyone was pretty much ok, but she is still kicking herself in the butt over this one. Worst thing about it, she had let her insurance lapse. *sigh*

Toopid is as Toopid does I guess.

Kate

| | -- | _ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue) | |_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA) | |__| snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------- |

Reply to
SVTKate

We are kindred spirits in parenting MJPE :)

Kate

| > I would love to make all the excuses in the world for her, but this was ... | > well... just a dumbassed thing. | >

| > Kate | >

Reply to
SVTKate

The good thing is, that my Ex Hubby (and good buddy but not her dad) fixed the car for her. He's the guy that I was married to when we owned the body shop. He is damn good at what he does and has a heart of gold. It has taken him about 9 months to fix it since she has had to pay for parts on her little bitty salary, but will be on the road soon. Don't know what I would do without him sometimes.

Kate

| >> Hey Tim, | >> I need something, not Mustang. | >>

| >> And I need a reeeeaaaaallllyyyyyy good deal. It's for my eldest daughter. | >> She be Po'Folk | >>

| >> She has a 1999 Chevy Cavalier (oh Lord WHERE did I go wrong with these | >> kids!!??) | >> and she needs both airbags and the covers for it. | >>

| >> her interior color is a greay, I can get the actual color if you are | >> able to | >> do this. | >>

| >> She is looking at a set on Ebay, the only problem is the seller is | >> suspect. | >>

| >> Is there anything you can do for me/her? | >> She is in Modesto, well.. Turlock actually. | >>

| >> Thanks! | >>

| >> Kate | >>

| > OMG that will cost more than the car is worth! | | I was thinking the same thing. "Deployed air bags" = "totalled car" for | anything worth less than $4,000.

Reply to
SVTKate

This is my eldest.

*big proud momma grin*

And she is a little bit of a hand full !

Kate

| | > OMG that will cost more than the car is worth! | | | | I was thinking the same thing. "Deployed air bags" = "totalled car" for | | anything worth less than $4,000. | |

Reply to
SVTKate

That girl needs to get a real job, but that requires education - may I suggest that she look into a communtiy college and pick up a certificate or Associates Degree in something like Paralegal, Nursing - something that she'll like but will also get a decent salary and not have to worry about her job being sent to 'Raj' in India? If she is as poor as you say, then there are scholarships and student loans that she can apply. I've seen a lot of people with a lot of potential not follow up because of lack of encouragement, or lack of confidence - I'd like to be the one to help put a spark in her life to move on and build a bigger and brighter future for herself and her family.

Ralph 'Sticking his nose where it don't belong' Snart

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Wow, I didn't know the 240SX was gone. Since the Mustang's off the road, what are you driving? What's in the stable these days?

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Joe

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

So since the Mustang's been sitting, no toys to drive? Aren't you getting the itch?

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:e snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Joe