B5 1.8TQM A4 - Gas Mileage

Just out of curiosity, what kind of mileage are you guys getting from this car?
So far, mine is running quite high...I mean....400 km for a tank of gas (55
Litres)... and thats with normal driving (60 % city, 40% hwy, 15% of the time aggressive hehehee), premium gas.....
Could there be something wrong....I plugged in a Vag com and no codes at all.... I hope this is not the normal range for this engine :o)
cheers Ash
Ash Mann wrote:

I get about 25mpg with a mixture of highway and city driving. I tend to have somewhat of a lead foot though. With granny type driving, you might be able to get ~30mpg.
Cheers,
Chris
Which side of atlantic? Gallon being 3.8 or 4.5 liters?
- Juha -

3.8L. 8-)
Juha wrote:

That's about what I get as well.

I don't think there's anything wrong. That's just how these cars are. Heavy + quattro + turbo = bad gas mileage.
Although, if you haven't changed your air filter or spark plugs in a while, I'd suggest you do. ;-)
Cheers,
Pete
Those numbers seem really good. I only get about 20mpg combined city/hwy in my 1.8 TQ
Bruce
Ash Mann wrote:

OT: Did you get your chip/turbo issues straightened out?
I just got my X-chip back in the car... and for some reason it doesn't feel as "fast" as I remembered it, but then again, it's been so long ago, it may have just been my imagination...
Cheers,
Pete
With my old good chip I get 700 odd km out of a tank if I drive sparingly - then again I praise myself on my never using the brakes unless strictly necessary - which means I save on both gas and pads/rotors. Normal driving will get me 600 odd, and spirited about 480. So, the secret goes: the better you are at anticipating - and that means keeping a good distance to the car in front - that's why I try to be precisely that one :), the less you'll have to use your brakes which in turn translates into better fuel economy.
Now, let me tell you something. Normal ordinary people don't have a clue what economical driving is this side of the ocean - that's my side, and with the kind of prices you guys are getting for gas overseas I don't see why you should worry in the least!
Yours,
JP Roberts