Cam belt

Anybody here who knows whether my -98 A6 Avant/Quattro 2.8 has a cam belt or chain driven cam shaft?

Rune Skigelstrand schrieb:

Might be wrong but I never heard about chain driven cams at Audi / VW
--
Mit freundlichen Gren
Andreas Bockelmann

The 2.0 litre 16 valve engine in my 1994 Audi Coupe had one cam driven by a front belt and the other by a rear chain. The chain wore slack on those engines and idling they sounded like an old sewing machine.
Colin M www.sportimport.co.uk
Cam belt
--
Kind Regards
Christopher Roberts

Timing belt. Should be replaced around 75K miles