engine sputter during long accels

I have an APR ECU upgrade, Forge DV, and Neuspeed P-Flo intake. When I added the intake, I noticed that a) the engine got way louder, but b) during long
accelerations I often hear this strange sputter that sounds like air going in the wrong direction(?).
Anyway by long acceleration I mean that I have the engine in a higher gear (say, 4th gear while going 30mph) and hit the gas > 50% for about 4+ seconds. If I downshift the engine responds quickly with plenty of power, and this only happens when I'm not trying to accelerate too quickly and get lazy to downshift.
I'm currently using the softest spring in the DV and did try the next stiffer spring with no difference.
Just for the record, the sound goes something like this...
jjjhhheeewwwwwwww-kchh-sput-sput-jjjjjjjjchew.... -----------------------^^^^^^^^^ - the sput sput is odd...
Any ideas?

Miguel De Anda wrote:

Forgot to mention its an '03 Audi TT 225.

Miguel De Anda wrote:

Great sounds effects :-)
It could be a boost leak. Doy you have a boost gage installed?
Failing coil pack or plugs.
Bad gas.
Can you pull your codes to get a better idea?
TonyJ wrote:

Another thought: MAF
CRC makes a MAF spray cleaner that might be worth a try.
TonyJ wrote:

No boost gage installed. I did get 1 coil replaced a few months ago while it was still under warrantee. I'm about to take it in for 40K service (has less than 30K miles but its 4 years). Only use 91 octane. I'll see if I can get the dealer to give me the codes when I go.