Fuel Injector removal - 1985 4000S

Question:
On a 1985 4000S The Fuel Injectors are loose and seem to be leaking.
Yet, even with a hard pull, they don't seem to come out.
Any tricks or experiences anybody?
hm
You need one of the pullers here http://toolcraze.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=T&Product_Code=S8CFIP&Category_Code=spec shown in operation here http://www.audiquattroparts.com/tools/injectorpuller.htm Some protect their valve cover from damage with a flat piece of wood or metal. ;-)
later, dave

If you're any damn good at it, a Big Damn (TM) Screwdriver will get them out quite nicely in under 2 minutes for all five. I found the Official Factory-by-God VW/Audi 'puller tool' that Jim Blau lent me to be totally useless. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Thank You - Audi-Friends for the input!
One way or the other...I'll get them out!
hm
I had trouble when I tried to remove one a long time ago in my KV-engined coupe quattro. I managed it just recently (I'm stripping the engine for a rebuild) but the thing that made the biggest difference was rather than using one pry-bar or screwdriver, I used two on advice from my mate whose workshop the car is at. This evens up the pressure to pull the injector out straight rather than at an angle. With two standard pry-bars the injectors came out without too much trouble. They were also quite loose in their seats prior to removal. The car is 1986, around 270,000 miles on it.
HTH Mike.

The injector O rings harden with age/heat making the injectors loose in the head inserts and also making the injectors hard to get out. Make sure the inserts are tight in the head when you've got the injectors out and replace the O rings. I heard a story of the O rings getting so hard/tight that the head had to be removed and bolted to a railway sleeper, then a long pry bar used to remove them. Replace them every couple of years to avoid this problem.
Jim.