I'm SICK....the A4 has to go!

I complained about the compartment of the A4 for a guy who is 6'5. I had a passat.....never a problem...but not NEAR as fun. The center consol pushes on the outside of my right leg...causing foot numbness....and the stiff seats cut into the back of my thigh. My ortho doc said it probably is the car.....Is the A6 much bigger? The seat larger? Is there an alternative vehicle that can provide the fun with a larger driver area?

Reply to
JJ

Suggest you hop over to

read the forums & see just what can be done with a Passat for not that much money. A 1.8T with a chip, some anti roll bars a "Chas bar" to stiffen up the front end & suspension mods turns it into a completely different car. Maybe you'll find yourself re-aquiring one!

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

"JJ" wrote

Is this the B6 A4? I've heard some complaints about that center console being a pain in the neck :) Some even sold their B6s. No such problems in my B5, but then again, I'm only 5'7".

Rather than asking, you should head on over to the dealer and take the A6 for a drive - that's the only way you'll know whether the seating position fits you. That said, the A6 will most likely not be as much fun to drive as the A4. A6 is more of a luxury highway cruiser, much like the Passat, unless you upgrade the suspension (not sure if factory sport susp. was an option on the A6).

You could also look at the G35 if the looks don't scare you. It's also available with AWD.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I was perfectly happy with my 2000 A6 2.7T, after owning an A4. I'm even happier with my current RS6, but that's a different story!

Sports suspension was always an option in the UK, but it became the standard fitment after a while.

Reply to
Peter Bell

I testdrove an '02 A6, encountered the same problems you are describing, and in fact passed it up for that very reason. Meanwhile, my '03 Passat is much better in this regard. It's not that the car is bigger, but the center console is much more reasonably sized. (Late-'90s, early-'00s Audis seem to all have *huge* center consoles for some reason.) I've only seen pics of the new A6, but it looks like it might be roomier down in the leg area.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

I sat in a new 2005 A6 and didn't notice any console interference with my leg as you describe.

I am 6' 1".

Reply to
Stephen Clark