Pictures of new A4

You're right, it is not marvelous. It looks a 3-Series BMW meets Hyundai Sonata. I guess I will have to see it in the flesh before I judge. I still think the B5 A4 ('96 - '01) was the best looking. They have gotten progressively less interesting - and more generic - since then.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Oh my god, it's been BANGLED!

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd - 100% Bangle-Free :-)

Reply to
daytripper

Man, I love the new interior. I love the look of my B7 A4, but the B8 does look sweet, and the new frame layout is cool. I wonder what it's weight distro will be now (with the 2.0T Quattro, the 3.2 is less fun :-P).

-Russell

Reply to
Russell Lewis

Reply to
Russell Lewis

One of the best looking sedans ever, IMO, never mind just Audis.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Nice look. I see they went back to the single sided exhaust. Shame, I liked the split exhaust they have now.

Reply to
Robert

It looks like Quattro has split, and maybe non Quattre has the 2 exhaust on one side as shown on the audi world article.

I agree, I much prefer the split look.

-Russell

Reply to
Russell Lewis

What? Targeting the old and angry crowd? It even has grumpy looking bags under its eyes.

I'm glad they finally put the gas pedal in the right place. The 2007 A4 had it behind the center console.

I like the clean dashboard but there's that instrument cluster on the center console that looks like it was pulled from a helicopter. How long would it take you to reset all the controls if somebody bumped into that monster? Or worse yet, what happens when you discover that Audi's suspension grips the road much better than their cupholders grip a milkshake?

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie

I did read in Car and Driver that Audi has a new turbo-diesel 4- cylinder engine, 2.0 liter that puts out 200 hp and 295 (!) lb-ft of torque!! Supposed to get 40 mpg in their new Q3 (BMW X3-sized) ute....! That sounds like a GREAT engine! I'd overlook a lot of design deficiencies to have that engine in the A4 (it is supposedly to be available).

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:27:24 -0700, against all advice, something compelled Kevin McMurtrie , to say:

Don't Drink & Drive!

Reply to
Steve Daniels

I do love her and may just have to buy one for myself, never having bought a new Audi in my life, but being quite tempted this time around (the TT is similarly tempting).

Oh, please. More for me, then. I love the fierce nose!

Reply to
KLS

I believe I had read that the first are to hit the streets in Europe in Nov 2007. Anyone know when the first will be in the USA?

Reply to
Robert

It looks like Audi is giving up on the DSG transmission ?

Reply to
Bill T

The S-tronic is only in the A3 range at present. I dare say it will be upgraded to handle the other models in due course.

Reply to
G-man uk

It was also in the previous TT, not sure about the new one. It's only set up to go with the transverse-engined Audis - A3, TT - and VW's.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Thanks for the info. I have DSG in my A3 and it's got to be the smoothest transmission I've ever driven.

Reply to
Bill T