Lack of power 96 A4

i have a 96 tdi A4 which has done 155000 miles, over the last few weeks i have noticed a drop in power. this is more noticable when the engine is under
torque. The engine also kicks out black smoke when under strain, the car is serviced frequently so i don't think its a fuel problem.. can anyone please help me solve this.. i am thinking maybe turbo is on its way out..
Thanks Guys
Add pictures here
✖

Check the air inlet for obstructions. First guess would be the air filter clogged with something, but the whole inlet tract needs a look through. You may have ingested a plastic bag.
--
Skipweasel
Never knowingly understood. (Ivor Cutler)
Guy King wrote:

suggestions? Cheers
Add pictures here
✖

I am rather thinking the MAF is gone. Check that first. Also those TDI's should have one.
Regards
Wolfgang Gruß
Wolfgang
--
* Das ist meine Standardsignatur gezippt mit SigZip

Add pictures here
✖

Any shaking at high RPM? Could be the sparkplug wires. When is the last time those were replaced?
--
_______________________
Ed H.

Add pictures here
✖

Ummmm . *not* likely the sparkplug wires on a diesel (tdi), though.... ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

DOH! Missed that. <G>
--