Lost power on 88 audi 90 s

Hopefully some body can confirm my suspisions..... In the last couple of days my 88 Audi 90 s 2.3 5 cyl lost a dramatic amount of power.. the systems are this...
If i press the gas pedal to the floor, i lose most of the power, I can slowly accel by slowly pressing the gas, but it requires i don't rev much over 3k rpm.... I have already done the following: Fuel filter/air filter changed... Tune up- plugs, wires, cap and rotor Checked timing... Cam, Crank and distributor are all timed correct Changed bad o2 sensor
My suspision is it is the fuel pump... does that sound like the next logical step? the only thing i have not done is try to adjust the mixture.. but that is for me to leave up to the pros..
Is there any way i can check the fuel pressure myself? i don't want to $200.00 or more on a new pump if i can avoid it.
Thanks for your assistance
kevin

Is the boot from the fuel distributor to the throttle body in excellent condition and tightly clamped? Intake manifold tight? Cat. converter in good condition and not clogged? Fuel pressure differential regulator receiving electricity? Did you remove any fuses from your fuse box lately?
just some thoughts! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Yes. No tears, tightly sealed.. i just changed the air filter so i had to remove it.. it is in good shape.

It's never been removed, so i can only assume yes, i will check that.

Cat Core is punched.. i am in process of replacing the cat, therefore it could not be clogged, but is not in good condition.

I do not know.. this i have not checked.. i'll have to look it up in my bentley manual and check that.

None at all.
At this point, the car still goes, but has no power in acceleration.. it takes me nearly as long as an 18 wheeler to get up to highway speed... maybe not quite that long, but if i floor it,the car loses major power, plus if i shift down and the engine revs over the 3k mark, even without pressing the gas, the same thing happens... seems like it can not get enough fuel to run the engine at those higher speeds. that's is my best guess...

Thanks for the thoughts!
Kevin
It certainly sounds very like the symptoms when the fuel pump packed up on my old '89 90 (KV engine, 2226 cc, no turbo, no cat) a few years back. On the UK models the pump is on the right had side of the car underneath and it gets quite a lot of muck showered on it. Not sure if yours is the same. Replacement is a DIY job. It's not particularly difficult, though not pleasant. Best to start with an empty tank. When you loosen the hose feeding the pump from the tank, you discover what a gravity feed means. Needless to say my pump had decided to give up the moment after I'd completely filled the tank. IIRC I improvised by plugging the hose with a cork and tightening a jubilee clip round it while I got the pump off, thus minimising spillage, but it would obviously be better to get the tank down to a gallon or so and then just drain it into a can.
That car was perhaps the best I've ever owned.
HTH.
Jonathan
It would figure that i just filled up the tank yesterday too.... Well, as long as the car is still running, i'll just have to try to use up as much of the gas as i can getting around town... at least if it gives out locally, i won't have to get towed very far.

Sounds a lot like what happens for days if you washed the engine and got water in the distributor. BTDT
Tony '91 100Q 5spd