Multiple Electrical Woes After water ingress. A6 Avant 1.8T

Lots of rain recently. Came out to my car, sat in and put my feet in about 2 inches of water. Opened bonnet and the battery chamber was almost full to
overflowing. Managed to push out a grommet in the vicinity of the battery to drain it & eventually got water out from front & rear driver side footwells (UK Right hand drive car,,,) More or less dried everything out, but seems to have left me with a few electrical gremlins
1. Electric windows do not work. 2. Alarm does not arm, or at least the direction indicators do not flash on locking the car 3. All interior lights no longer work. Courtesy and reading lamps
All the fuses in the panel at the driver door side of the dash are intact. Are there any boxes of electronics on the floor, or low down near the floor behind any side trims that are associated with any of the functions affected ? Is the central locking control unit perhaps common to the problems? Where is it located ? The wiring diagrams show the supply to all the interior lights coming from it. Door switches are associated with both alarm and courtesy lamps I guess.
Any sugestions folks ? Ian
I am not familiar with the A6 specifically but the A4s have several electronic controllers under the floor mats and susceptible to corrosion when the floors are flooded due to a clogged battery drain directing water to the interior floor.
Best to pull the carpets and dry any electrical components. Try using CRC tuner cleaner from electronics shop to clean / dry and protect wiring.
Ian Gaskell wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:43:00 GMT, "Ian Gaskell"

The real question in my view is HOW DID THIS WATER ENTER THE CAR?
I leave my '98.5 A4 outside all the time in all sorts of weather and have never had water enter the vehicle that I personally did not bring in myself, viz. snow on my boots and the like.
This has been discussed often on AudiWorld.
The cause is the clogged battery compartment drain causes overflow that enters the cab. I am not sure of the route but it happens fairly often.
KLS wrote:

covers damage from this after warranty.. It seems to me that they either need multiple drains, some arrangement to prevent clogs, such as a large area screen, or a cover so water can't get in at all. -- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.