Need help on getting new shock absorbers - '98 A4 1.8TQ with factory suspension kit

Dear all,
I feel the time has come for the shock absorbers to be replaced after 130.000 km. It is extremely important for me not to lower the car any
further than it is - it came with the factory sport suspension and 16" rims.
I would like to see:
1.- Same car height.
2.- Improved performance.
3.- Comfort at least as good as original or better.
I would not like to get new springs yet. I heard the Ohlins are supposed to be the best but could not find anyone who had had any experience in a "normal" A4.
I fear Bilsteins are going to eat away what little comfort is left? Any experiences?
Will appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance.
JP Roberts