Do I need new shock absorbers?

I have a 2002 toyota corolla. Lately I have been noticing a sound coming out of my car's rear right corner when I hit a bump. The sound is similar to that of compressing and than releasing a spring. But otherwise the vehicle handles fine. Do I need new shock absorbers? If yes how much do you think it will cost?

sh-aly

Reply to
sh-aly

I believe 2002 Corollas have rear struts instead of shock absorbers. I don't think anyone can say for sure whether or not you need new struts without examining the styruts. 2002 seems a little early to need new struts unless you routinely carry heavy loads, drive on rough roads, or just drive a lot.

If you have the rear struts replaced at a Toyota dealer, you will get a lifetime warranty on parts and labor at any Toyota dealer in the U.S. Check the warranties on other places that offer lifetime warranties to make sure they cover parts and labor and related parts.

Reply to
Ray O

sh-aly, one for sure way to know if your strut is bad is by glancing under your right rear tire's wheel well and see if you notice your strut is covered in oil. It should be shiny not dull. If so, there's no doubt that your strut is bad. As far as price goes, pending where you live always will be a variable. If you know someone willing to help you install a new one, it will be cheaper. MOST garages are pretty steep when it comes to strut replacements. Good luck!

Reply to
Flam