New reader coil == new lock barrel?

I had a new reader-coil for the ignition fitted about 6 months ago, I had to pay a fee for tumbling. Could anyone please tell me, if they fit a new
reader-coli, does this mean I had a whole new lock barrel?
Recently the ignition is malfunctioning. When the engine has started, the lock is not automatically springing back into the correct position & has to be turned gently back. If they fitted a new lock barrel, this should still be under guarantee.
Many Thanks P