Corsa B: New Ignition Barrel & Key

My Corsa B has had a new ignition barrel & key, but I understand the new Key needs to be coded to work with the ECU/Immobiliser.

Is they a Vaxhall only job, or is there a manual method?

TIA

Andy

Reply to
Acedrew

these can only be coded with suitable diagnostic, programming equipment according to autodata

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Reply to
Acedrew

Take the old key to a locksmith along with your replacement key, and get them to program it for you. Problem solved - even the likes of Timpsons tend to be able to do it.

Reply to
Pete M

Which is exactly what the AA man told my daughter when she had key problems with her Corsa. It cost less than half Vauxhalls price AND they came to her at home.

Bill

Reply to
Bill