Oil temp/gauge

What should the normail oil temperature gauge read for an A4 2.8?

At normal load -cruising at say 120 KM/Hr at normal temperatures, the oil temp equals the water temp (90 celcius) since it is heated and cooled by the water. At heavy laod or high temps, it should read up to 130 or higher.
Ronald
i have 1999 A4 1.8T and i have never seen my go up over 80 is this normal?

1. Don't top post...
2. There can be variations in the temperature gauge. Don't worry about it. Espeically if you are in a cooler climate.

Why not?
By far the majority of posters are using Outlook Express which does it automatically.
Perhaps top-posting should now be the norm?

So, a paradigm as old as usenet itself should be abandoned because of some nitwit in Redmond?
As if.
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Hehe, fair enough - but trying to get people to stop will just give you an ulcer...

A majority of posters use Outlook Depressed? News to me. Top posting has ALWAYS been discouraged. If you have a service that automatically top posts for you, you should find a better service.
Dave RS6

http://www.newsadmin.com/readerbrandsqty.asp
Maybe, but it's an uphill struggle and seems to be doomed to failure.
Please note, however, that I don't top post. I just found PeterD a little rude...

Why? I corrected him... I fixed his mistake... I answered his question... I can send you to a few other groups where that kind of reply would have gotten me flamed as being much too nice!
So, hell, I'll try again:
Dear OP,
If you can find it in your good heart, please bottom post from now on. It makes following the posts and replies easier, and is the NNTP convention. If you have that crappy MSFT product, you have my great sympathies, and if you wish I can help you get a much better news reader program... And, again I appologize for having to tell you this, since apparently MSFT has informed you that top posting is the way to go.
Again, so sorry,
PeterD.
(OK, now do you feel better?)

See, that wasn't difficult, was it now?
;o)
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:30:34 -0400, Dave LaCourse

Yea, like Firefox! <bg>

Might be. I still would imagine that if you drive over 100 km/h during summer for e.g. one hour, the oil temp should reach the 90 at least, which is the coolant temperature level. Does your coolant temp reach the 90 degrees of Celsius? If it does, you should not worry about the oil temp. If the coolant temp does not reach 90 degrees Celcius, your thermostat may be faulty and does not close properly.
Regards, Sami