Problem with the key remote on 2000 Audi S4

I got home this evening, turned off the engine as usual, got out, closed the door and then tried to lock it with the remote. Nothing happened. I tried it a few more times, but nothing. I got back in, started the car again, stopped it, tried again, but nothing. The remote doesn't unlock the boot or anything. So I tried my spare key, and that's exactly the same. It's never misbehaved before and I'd only just filled up on the way home, when the locks worked fine then. The doors lock using the key, but then when I unlock again using the key, the flashing red light stays on (so I've not tried opening the door, fearing the alarm will go off!). Are the keys somehow out of sync with the car for some reason? Is there any way of resetting it so that they work again?

Cheers

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

IMO you can safely unlock the doors with the key. The alarm should be switched off. It might well be that there is an interfering radio signal somewhere where the car parks. My father in law had that on his passat a few times and I had it once on my A6.

Everything worked fine when I drove away later.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz