remote key sync 2000 lw2

How can I re program my key remote for the 2000 wagon . Wife's keyless works great, Bought one off internet and it won't work either. Dealer wants 36.50 to program it. Dale

Reply to
drandall

unfortunately, AFAIK, this requires use of a computerized tool called "tech II" which is very expensive, therefore only mechanics will have it. when setting up a new remote, both remotes must be synced with the same code and the car. If you know of any other mechanic who works on GM vehicles, perhaps they can set up the remotes for you. The good news: nobody can just buy a remote on ebay and open up your saturn.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

You do not need a tech 2 tool to do it and your car will support up to

4 keyless remotes. If you jumper over pins 4 and 8 on OBD2 connector it will place car in learning mode and teach it to work with. Horn will sound to confirm mode. Within 30 second of horn sounding, press and hold both lock and unlock button on fob until car responds by cycling locks and sounding horn. You may add up to 4 of them this way. When done, remove jumper from pin 4 and 8. No rocket science needed here.
Reply to
SnoMan