Q on Passat AWD 4 Motion

A tow truck driver here in the Bay area (not towing our car) told my wife today not to park our 2000 Passat 4 Motion wagon with the front wheels turned because they have been known to "lock up" and is very expensive to
fix.
Any truth to this?
Maybe he was just saying it makes his job harder(?)
Many thanks in advance for your comments.
-Bob

Generally, it is not a good idea (unless you park on an incline) to park with the wheels turned as it puts unnecessary strain on the steering components. But I've never heard of the Passat 4motion having additional issues related to this. Certainly there wasn't any such issues on my '01 A4Q which had the same driveline.
Pete