Junkyard in Berkeley/Bay Area

Hi, I live in Berkeley, California, and I've got an 88 240DL that could use a few spare parts. A hubcap, a turn signal lens, an antenna, the list goes on. Since there is an abundance of similar vintage Volvos around here, I imagine that there must be a salvage yard nearby where I can find the parts for cheap. Does anyone have a recommendation of a place nearby or in the Bay Area where I might find what I'm looking for? Thanks for the help, Erik snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (right, remove the first part)

Reply to
Erik

A few spare parts...... Erik, I like to go to s place called Pick-your-Part at the end of Winton in Hayward. There is an off ramp in on Hwy 17. Winton will parallel the Hayward Airport. There are usually a lot of 240's, 740's (between 7 and maybe 14) there and they seem to change their stock of cars every other week. It cost $2. and bring your tools. There is a posted sign for what things cost but I find it varies on day and cashier. Try it you'll like it.

Reply to
Rojo2G

There are yards around, but the Volvos at least are getting very well picked over.

Lots of the cosmetic stuff is hard to find in a self service yard. Try the Volvo/Saab guys on Recycler road in Rancho Cordova (google Volvo saab rancho cordova and it'll be one of the first few links).

The antenna, especially if it's power, is something you may as well buy new. They're usually pretty cheap.

-- alex

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

I still recommend swedishengineering.com for both new and used Volvo parts. Their numbers/locations are listed on the website. Call the one closest to you, and I'll bet they have everything you need at really good prices.

Reply to
PButler111