Dealer's Markup in Bay Area

$2500 mark-up at Mountain View Mini on an "S" and a twelve week wait. No discussion. There were 3 other potential buyers looking to buy while I was there. I checked out other dealerships in the bay area and essentially the same thing except for Pleasanton where the wait can be much much longer but no Mark up over MSRP (didn't check if they wanted you to buy dealer add ons).

Reply to
Grinder

No dealer options required at East Bay Mini!!

Reply to
flyline

What is the wait time?

Reply to
Grinder

Last I heard approx. 12 -13 months. But, just give them a call. I was in no hurry so time was unimportant, however, it took on a life of its own. Great little sports car. Check out

and
- they are great resources. I even tracked my S en route from the UK to CA, USA. It got crazy. I found the crew of the containership through
- saw their photos at a Christmas gathering in San Diego. For me, the wait and anticipation were part of the fun of purchasing the car.

Reply to
flyline

I heard they did not charge over MSRP and did not require purchase of dealer options. My wait is 3 months at Mountain View but had to pay over MSRP. I guess you don't get anything for nothing. BTW, Mountain View supposedly will only get 35-40 Minis this year as opposed to the 65 they were expecting.

Reply to
Grinder

People can also consider purchasing from East Coast dealerships that do not mark up.

Reply to
Raul