Re: Audi Warranty Arbitrariness

It's difficult to see where else you'd expect them to raise money .

Where's the data to back up this claim? Not just one case (which, I grant is bad enough) but the statistics of warranty claims denied by type.

made,
therefore
successful,
It
that
I love my Audi TT. I just turned in the first one for another last week. The Audi is not perfect. It still has those German "gremlins". My recommendation is to seriously evaluate the DEALERS. I have the luxury of having 3 dealers within 35 miles. My dealer has never ever made the car's problem my problem. I believe that is the good side of Audi spending more on pampering the dealers. If the sales and service reps good "Excellent" reviews, they get cash and/or other rewards. A smart rep will help you out. Find that guy and you'll both be happy.

Warranty behaviour is controlled by the local franchise (i.e. it depends upon which country you are in). To quote (roughly) a speaker at Audi UK to the UKTTOC, the official position is that changing the wheels on a TT will invalidate the warranty on any braking components, because the cooling may or may not have changed.
Which is why it is *very* important to find a decent local dealer.
--

Hairy One Kenobi