Re: Key programming

hello everyone! :P i own an audi A3 8P 2004 model and i want to buy the new shape audi key 2006+ model. i found one on ebay with new uncut blade and same working
MHZ with my key. i wonder if that key will work to my car. the key mhz are the same. the one on ebay has this number 8P0 837 220 at 434 mhz and mine has 8P0 837 231 at 434 mhz. please anyone knows can help me.. Thanx!!! :confused:
--
egmioann
Surely the frequency will always be the same but the actual codes transmitted will be different. You will need to 'pair' the keys together but I don't know whether you can use the newer model key or not with your A3.
There are plenty of details online on how to reprogramme the key to work on your car. I have had to do this myself and it works fine.
I believe there are two ways to reprogramme, one that has to be done by Audi and one that you can do yourself.