Re: service interval A4 2.5 TDI for clutch and cam-belt

sorry the 80k referred to miles not km.

--
Visit http://www.propertybargain.co.uk to find the best property bargains in
Edinburgh

Should have had it done at 120kkm. Then again at 240. But this should be in your service manual anyway :-)
Gru
Wolfgang
--
*
(Das ist meine Standard-Sig gezipped mit Sigzip)

That's of course the main issue.... I don't have the service manual. Is there another way to check this or find out? Isn't there some visual check?
thanks for the info so far
Daniel

Yuck.
Not that I know of. The belt is hidden basically within the engine. I don't know of any method telling that it has been changed, but otoh I'm not an Audi mechanic.
I just now one thing for sure: Not knowing at 144kkm if the timing belt had been changed or not would surely make me nervous and in fact I'd not use the car until I found out.
Audi/VW are pretty tight on their recommendation on the change intervals.
Ask the previous owner? Possibe ask him/her which workshop they'd had for the car so you can ask there.
IMO the 120 kkm milestone is a very common one to sell the car either just before or slightly after this mark, as it's relatively expensive to do (compared to the otherwise negligible maintenance cost). And if the hapless buyer does not know it's another 1500 Euro (here in Austria) bill.
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *