Re: A4 2.5 tdi throttle problem

Well to be honest i was driving my a4 way over 220 more like 235/240 ( its

> tuned ) and still then the car reacts magnificent ! i already had some nice > cars ( bmw,mercs, vw etc etc ) but this Audi is one of the best :-) >
230-240 is about 140mph init, I have hit that once or twice, and jeez you are traveling then, I think the top speed of the 1.8T Q is 141.

I find the Audi at speeds of 100mph actually very nice to drive,

Reply to
Ronny

I've had mine (2001 1.9TDi 130) up to an indicated 140mph a couple of times, once on the M62 coming down off the Pennines, and again on the M40 late one night coming back from London, there's a long descent as you come down from the Chilterns. That's its top whack though, the revs were sitting just below redline at that speed.

Sadly mine doesn't have the 6-speed option fitted, otherwise it might have gone just a little faster.

When on the motorway I tend to just let the car find the speed it wants to travel at. With my A4 it's around 110-120mph, which is very comfortable. Keeping it below 100mph is actually quite hard work!

Reply to
Glenn Richards

I wouldn't recommend you to buy an RS6, then!

Reply to
Peter Bell

Errm, quite. I want an S4 though. Although I'll probably end up with the

2.0 TDi Quattro when I change this one (1.9TDi 130bhp front wheel drive).
Reply to
Glenn Richards