A4 2.5 tdi throttle problem

Maybe some knows this issue: when i drive there is not much of a problem untill i reacht the highway then after accelerating to like 140 Km/h the engine doenst want to go faster anymore ( it remains on the same speed ) then i wait for like 15 to 30 secs ( minimum throttle ) then it will accelerate again to like 160/180 Km/h and then it starts again !

thanks in advance, Marc

Reply to
LostJonnnie

It's your car telling to you slow down you lunatic. O.

Reply to
Oslo

Aside from the fact that you don't know where he drives the car, his description indicates something is wrong with it.

So, be it allowed or not, I'd also like to know everything is in order with my car.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Thank you Oslo for your comment but just to make u happy i drive this car in germany most of the times :-) besides I would expect a more mature answer then yours in an Audi group !

Reply to
LostJonnnie

Just having a laugh, don't take it so seriously. But even in Germany doing 180Kmh can't be a wise thing, whether your car is working or not. O.

Reply to
Oslo

Ever heard of the term "german autobahn"? It´s not illegal to drive 180km/h on most of them - so whats the problem?

Reply to
Gio

OK, drive at whatever speed you like. I am an Audi mechanic and worked on many A4s in the UK, and I personally wouldn't drive an A4 at that speed, as in my opinion, the car is far too lightweight to be safe at nearly 200KMh. If I was ever going to drive at that speed, I would only do so with an A6 or higher. Just because its legal, doesn't mean it's safe, you need to use your own judgement that your vehicle can sustain balance and handling at these speeds.

O.

Reply to
Oslo

The S4, which is the same weight class as an A4 can go faster easily. Many A4 are regularly driven faster than that on German Autobahns and nobody really has a problem with that.

The A4 is not exactly a lightweight car. It's around 1.4 metric tons?

And moreover, the same would be true for BMW's and Mercs.

I just looked it up: The Porsche 911 has around 1450 kg and nobody would question it's ability to go way fast quite safely.

IMO there is no real relation between speed safety and weight as long as lift and drag are figured in properly.

It does in most circumstances, otherwise it wouldn't be legal. If it does make sense is another question.

But what has that to do with weight?

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

I think your head may explode at that speed too, at least that is what I've heard from other people.

Reply to
BBO

Reply to
LostJonnnie