Strange Light on Cluster

I have a 2004 All-Road and noticed something weird on my instrument cluster; when I press the turn signal lever, I get a quick, green flashing indicator which looks like this: <=1=> . It flashes
briefly and then will flash intermittently as long as the turn signal is blinking. Of course, I still get the normal, flashing turn arrows on the cluster above it.
Does anyone have a clue what this means? I happened to have the car in for service a month ago and none of the four mechanics nor service advisors at the Audi dealership had a clue. I called Audi N.A. and they, too, said they'd never seen this.
What does this mystery light mean????

could it have something to do with tow bar lighting.
When a third party tow bar is fitted there is a green light on the accessory panel or as with my Vitara the green light was added into the panel next to the spot/fog light switches.
Perhaps with the Audi its built into the dash. Do you have a hitch fitted, if not it may just be a wiring glitch. The plugs/sockets are probably already hidden in the rear of the vehicle ready to accept a bar.

I do, in fact, have an afternarket towbar installed this light wasn't added so I don't really think that's behind what you are referring to.
My mystery light is in the face of the tachometer, just to the right of the, "2" so nothing has been modified relative to the tow bar.

we can assume it is related to a revs warning as its on that dial.
is it speed/revs related..............i.e. does it happen at high speed, low speed, high revs, low revs..............
strange Audi do not know..............

I'm almost certain that that light is to show you that your trailer indicators are working. I would suspect a wiring fault if it comes on when no trailer is attached.

Actually, I have noticed that it seems to flash more frequently/ consistently at low revs than high (only, of course, when the turn signal is depressed.)