Noticed on Ebay

Someone is selling a M715 for bits - current price $177 in Elcajon , CA. Must be worth considering it for the D60 and D70 axles, not that I'm in a position to bid on it sadly. Needless to say, I have no connection with the seller..

Dave Milne

Parting out a M715 for axles is dumb.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

I think you missed my point.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Well, actually, I was trying to make one of my own. It probably will get parted out.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

What exactly is it with you Bill, the right Diesel is an ideal off-road motor... low RPM torque, much more torque relative to horsepower, comparable horse power to similar sized Gasoline engines... No carburetors, and parts that have to deal with much higher compression, and so tend to last two to four times longer than Gas engines.

If you mention "dirty" running again we're all going to start thinking you're one of those long hair hippy California libberal wacko's you are so fond of accusing other people of being...

Climb out of 1972 for a few moments will you? :)

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Bill has an emotional disturbance over the fact that the fattest, stupidest owner operators of tractor trailers go broke and he blames it all on high fuel costs because a tiny number of diesel cars has somehow doubled diesel fuel prices. So small diesels bug him. Even though there were more Mercedes diesel engines in Thermo King reefer units in the US then there ever were in cars. Thinking is just not his strong suit.

If one needs a Dana 60 one does not need to part out an M715. Actually one is better off to buy a new one or a rebuilt using a truck salvage centersection.

Real off road vehicles do not have spark plugs. A well established fact all over the world.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Well,the GMC turbo is a popular Landy swap, and if I could have bought a 6.2 litre v8 diesel TJ, I would have.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Guess I missed yours then :-)

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

As soon as my money catches up with my Mouth, or the Libby CRD has spent a few more years on the road (so salvage parts and Junk yard motors are more common) I Just might :)

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Run with the big dogs, or stay on the porch.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Bill, you need to take your meds again. I could not understand what you said, much less what you meant!

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

What did you mean by this Bill? Is there something in the water out there?

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Read what you wrote, it had misspelled word and unrecognized phrases.

BTW, is there anything in this world that you haven't done?

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith

Again Bill, it's not what you were trying to say, its the misspelled words and unrecognized phrases that we are all talking about.

Please start using a spell-check program before sending messages.

Jim Smith

Reply to
Jim Smith