Weird Wyoming road sign

Does anyone here live near NW Wyoming? On a highway in WY (I believe it was HWY 20 up around Yellowstone), there are signs with the letter L and three dots on them. One would have an upright L with the three dots, then the L would be upside down w/ the dots, then the L would be backwards and finally upside-down and backwards (repeating pattern). Does anyone know what these signs are for / mean? They were kinda like cryptic HWY mile- marker signs...

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

It sounds like they mark passing zones. Or perhaps alien landing strips...

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I think it means, " If you can read this, I'm upside down! Please turn me over! " :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Sounds like something made to be machine/computer-scanned?

I remember my first trip to Canada. Right after the border there was a sign that said "Orbit, 2 minutes". Then in the first town their traffic light was flashing green, so I just pulled over and parked and went looking for a native to ask.

("Orbit" turned out to be a Sputnik-looking roadside trash container. The flashing green iirc meant traffic could go straight from either direction but not turn.)

miker

Reply to
miker