sunroof problems

I have a '97 A6 with a sun roof. If I leave the shade for the sun roof open and it rains, water pours down my back. is this a design flaw or am i missing something?

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:05:57 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (El Guapo) wrote:

The only possible explanation is the drain channel is blocked, causing the narrow "well" to overflow inside the cabin.
Solution: unblock the drain.
Long term consideration: keep the sunroof closed when parked, so debris doesn't land in the well and block the drain.
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd