tapping sound after making a right turn

Any one know what this sound means? After turning my stearling wheel to the right to make a right turn, I heard a rattle sound (repetitive tapping sound)as the stearling wheel go
back to the center. Is this a CV joint issues? Hunter
You should let us know what year and model you have so we can make informed guesses.
From what you describe, a bad CV is where I would look first.
Try backing up with the wheel turned to both sides. If you hear the sound then you probably have confirmed a bad CV is the cause of the sound.
audidrive wrote:

2001 A4 1.8 model.