ML320 Tapping Sound

I have a 1999 ML320. There is a tapping sound coming from something mounted on the drivers side firewall, not the engine itself. It is consistent about 2 taps per second....

What is it? It appears to be something mounted to the drivers side firewall up high, about 12-15 inches in from the side of the compartment.

Thanks

Reply to
wx4usa

How old is the car battery? If it is the original, replace it now.

I am not familiar with W163 cars. I had similar sound (though slower, about 1 tap every 2-3 sec> I have a 1999 ML320. There is a tapping sound coming from something

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

The throttle is atatched to whatever is making the noise, so Ill check the battery next. Thank you for your input! Hal

Reply to
wx4usa